Countdown to Orlando: Notable Improvements for ServiceNow®
Thinking about moving to Orlando? We are, too! Our experts have been kicking the tires on the next release of ServiceNow, which is out now. Check out some of our internal release notes on feature changes that are coming in hot in Orlando! (Note: This is not an all-inclusive list of changed functionality.)
Application Studio is getting some love in Orlando with respect to source control integration.
• Awwww! Application Studio is learning to share. In Orlando, you can edit application files OUTSIDE of Studio.
• Finally, we get a little support from Studio when it comes to MID Servers.
• You are now free to move about the cabin. And, to move application files within a GIT repository. Boom!
• Wouldn’t it be nice to “set it and forget it” when it comes to the default GIT repository branch? Now we have a system property just for that.
When is a good time to clone? Always and never. Cloning just got less painful in Orlando. Two enhancements that will save you time are:
1. Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Superman? Nah, it’s just a clone profile, which allows you to define your cloning needs ahead of time, making it fast and easy to request one when you need it.
2. Hedge your bets by preserving update sets before a clone. Look, we still recommend backing up your update sets before cloning – safety first and all. But, preserving them in the instance will greatly reduce the risk of losing in-progress work.
Bienvenue, Willkommen, Bienvenidos to these Multi-language Support Improvements in Orlando:
• Dynamic Translation of activity streams and Service Portal forms.
• Domain separation will also be supported for Dynamic Translation.
Agent Workspace is getting worked!
• Hey, you be you (‘cuz you’re awesome). Be unique with enhanced workspace customization, including the ability to customize landing pages, logos and more.
• Let’s be honest: form navigation was kind of a bummer in New York. It’s better in Orlando.
• As long as we’re in the trust tree, list support wasn’t exactly awesome either. In Orlando, you’ll get database views, highlighting fields and better performance
• New Agent Assist and Chat Features
• Support for additional field types
• Sharing is caring as they say and now you’ll be able to share Agent Workspace views of a record via URL so you can collaborate better with your buddies.
To learn more about ServiceNow, view our offering here.
Contact us: email@example.com